Common lighting safety reference materials
. Related definition
1. Lightings: Any device that can distribute, illuminate, or transform light from one or more light sources, and includes support, The components necessary to secure and protect the light source (but not the light source itself), as well as the necessary circuit aids and the facilities to connect them to the power supply.
2. Ordinary lightings: Provides protection against accidental contact with live parts, but without special dust, solid foreign objects and waterproof grades.
3. Movable lightings: A lightings that can be moved from one location to another when connected to a power source during normal use.
4. Fixed lightings: lightings that cannot be easily moved from one location to another because they are so fixed that they can only be removed with the aid of tools.
5. Recessed lightings: Manufacturers specify lightings that are fully or partially embedded in the mounting surface.
6. Live parts: Conductive parts that may cause electric shock during normal use. The center conductor should be considered as a live part.
7. SELV-safety extra-low voltage
In circuits that are isolated from the power supply by, for example, a safety isolating transformer or converter, the rms voltage is not more than 50 volts between the conductors or between any conductor and ground.
8. UL low voltage line: The open circuit voltage does not exceed the line of the AC voltage RMS value of 30V.
9. Basic insulation (EN): Insulation that is applied to live parts to provide basic protection against electric shock. The withstand voltage should be above 2U+1000V (U: local grid voltage).
10. Supplemental insulation (EN): A separate insulation attached to the base insulation to provide protection against electric shock in the event of a basic insulation failure. The withstand voltage should be above 2U + 1750V (single layer).
11. Double-layer insulation (EN): Insulation consisting of basic insulation and supplementary insulation. The withstand voltage should be above 4U+2750V (that is, the sum of basic insulation and supplementary insulation withstand voltage).
12. Reinforced insulation (EN): A reinforced insulation that is equivalent to double insulation. Generally speaking, it is generally only one layer, but it can also be composed of multiple layers, and each layer cannot be clearly divided and measured separately. The withstand voltage should be above 4U+2750V.
13. CLASS O-class lamp (EN): A lightings with only basic insulation as a protection against electric shock, without grounding and other protective measures.
14. CLASS Class I lamp (EN): In addition to the basic insulation for electric shock protection measures, other lightings such as grounding and other protective measures are also used.
15. CLASS Class II lightings (EN): A lightings that uses double insulation or adds insulation for electric shock protection. Its insulation effect does not depend on grounding or installation conditions.
16. CLASS III Class Lamp (EN): A lightings that uses an extra low safety voltage (SELV) for protection against electric shock.
17. Normally flammable material:
The material has a ignition temperature of at least 200 ° C, and at this temperature the material does not deform or decrease in strength. For example wood and wood-based materials with a thickness greater than 2 mm.
18. Readyly flammable material: A material other than ordinary combustible materials and non-combustible materials. For example wood fibers and wood-based materials having a thickness of less than 2.
19. Non-combustible material: A material that does not support combustion. For example, metal, cement, and the like.
20: Type test:
The test is carried out on the type test sample. The purpose of the test is to verify whether the design of a given product meets the requirements of the relevant standard. However, whether the product after the final test has met the standard requirements in the production stage needs to be guaranteed by the test report and related documents.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.