Key Points Of Lighting Design
The most basic element of lighting is the light source. Especially with the development of lighting technology, the common lighting sources have already changed from the early incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps to the more widely used LEDs recently. Faced with the rich and diverse products on the market, how to choose appropriately Often nerve-wracking. Learn to grasp the major focus and direction, and return to the actual needs and space essence, so as not to spend a lot of money and not be able to buy suitable lamps.
- There are different types of light bulbs such as incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps on the market. How to choose a better one?
All kinds of light sources have their own characteristics, and suitable bulbs can be selected according to the different uses of the space. The type, color temperature and wattage of light bulbs used in the living room, dining room, bedroom, and study are different.
The living room is suitable for installing white light or yellow light with a wide range of lighting and good energy-saving effect.
Bedrooms and dining rooms are mainly for rest, and warm yellow light bulbs such as LED lights, halogen lights, or energy-saving light bulbs can be installed.
In the study room, it is recommended to use energy-saving light bulbs with higher brightness, and it is more ideal to use close-range table lamps.
2: There is a lot of data on the outer packaging of the light bulb. How to interpret the necessary information and judge whether the light bulb meets the needs?
There are all kinds of light bulb products on the market. Whether it is the outer packaging or the product introduction page, there is often a huge list of information. In fact, as long as you master the 6 key points, you can pick a suitable light bulb.
(1) Wattage (W) Wattage refers to how much energy is consumed per second. The higher the wattage, the greater the power consumption, but it does not mean that the brightness produced is higher. Especially with the advancement of LED lighting technology today, it can produce higher brightness (lumens) than energy-saving light bulbs of the same wattage.
(2) Sitting lamp specification (E): The diameter measured by the bulb head thread is the required lamp holder specification. Common specifications are E10, E12, E14, E17, E27, E40. For example, the diameter is 14mm, which belongs to E14 lamp holder.
(3) Color temperature (K): The color of the light is called the color temperature. The lower the value, the more yellow the color of the light. The higher the value, the whiter the color of the light. The color of the bulb is yellowish, and the color temperature is about 3000K; the color of the daylight is white, and the color temperature is 5000K~7000K.
(4) Color rendering index (Ra/CRI): The higher the rendering index, the closer the color of the object displayed under the lighting source is to the color under sunlight, and the less color distortion.
(5) Luminous flux/lumen (lm): Luminous flux refers to the light source, the energy released by the light, the higher the lumen value, the greater the brightness of the bulb.
(6) Luminous efficiency (lm/W): The light source refers to the luminous flux output per watt (W) consumed. It is the criterion for judging whether the light bulb saves electricity.
3: What are the key points that need to be considered before selecting lamps?
Master the three key points of space height, lighting equipment, and lighting frequency.
(1) Measure the height of the ground from the ceiling. The main lights are divided into three types, ceiling lights, chandeliers, and semi-chandeliers. Which lamps to choose depends on personal preference, it is best to consider the height of the ceiling and the space used, so as not to cause a sense of oppression to the space.
(2) To understand the lighting configuration of each space
In the living room, whether it is a ceiling lamp chandelier or a half chandelier, it must be the tallest person in the family. The distance that the hand cannot reach is the lowest height of the selected light. If it is not possible to measure on the spot, the distance between the ground and the ceiling can be the purchase standard. If the distance is more than 3m, you can choose a chandelier; 2.7m~3m can choose a half chandelier; below 2.7m, choose a ceiling lamp.
In restaurants, most people like to use chandeliers in restaurants. But not all restaurants can be used, and the position of the chandelier in the restaurant must be fixed. The height of the chandelier from the dining table must be controlled at 70~80cm.
In the bedroom, it is recommended to use a ceiling lamp or a semi-chandelier because the head of the bed has a height. Even if the person is lying on the bed, the light is too low to feel oppressive. It is best not to use a chandelier.
Bathrooms and kitchens are mostly used as ceilings, and it is best to use ceiling lamps.
(3) Clear the space for the longest turn-on light. The electricity cost saved by LED is 85% of that of incandescent bulbs. To save electricity, it is best to choose energy-saving bulbs or LED bulbs. Like living room or bedroom, it is a space where the lights are on for a long time. Depending on the situation, you can save a lot of money by choosing energy-saving light bulbs or LED light bulbs.
- What information will be included in the product catalog of lamps and lanterns
Detail the basic information of lamps, appearance and internal structure, light distribution curve, as a reference for design and construction.
Commonly used lamps can be divided into two types: general consumer use and designer use. The lamps used by ordinary consumers usually list basic information, such as photos of lamps, pricing, materials, applicable bulbs, dimmable or non-dimmable, applicable voltage, lumen value, weight, size, etc.; for designers, Considering the professional needs of construction and spatial illumination, more information will be listed in detail.
- How to choose lighting products with guaranteed quality?
Recognize the relevant certification of lighting fixtures, and the quality of purchase is guaranteed.
The light bulb products on the market are very diverse, especially the LED that has emerged in recent years. The country does not have a complete set of product specifications, and the specifications and features advertised by each company are also uneven. Therefore, when purchasing bulbs, you can ensure the quality of the product according to the following principles.
International IEC certification mark: It is a biosafety certification for the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), including the detection of ultraviolet, infrared and blue light.
- If you choose the appropriate bulb color temperature for different spaces and functions?
The working area is suitable for white light with a color temperature of 5000K, and the leisure area is suitable for yellow light with a color temperature of 3000K.
First, according to the function, the white light display is more realistic, the contrast of the illumination is larger, it tends to sunlight, and the color temperature is cold, so it is suitable for the lighting use of the work nature, and the ambient light source is bright and clear, which can boost the spirit; Relationship, there is a feeling of visual warmth, and the contrast of lighting is small, which is suitable for shaping interpersonal relationships and atmosphere. Second, according to the space, the color of the light is distinguished by the color temperature. The commonly used color temperature ranges from 3000K to 6000K, that is, from yellow to blue. Kitchens, work areas, desk lamps, and dressing tables can use light sources with higher color temperature; lamps with low color temperature are suitable for bedrooms, dining rooms, and areas that require indirect lighting, which can help create an atmosphere.
7: I want to install energy-saving light bulbs at home, but what are the differences between CFL, CCFL and LED energy-saving light bulbs?
CFL energy-saving light bulbs require at least three minutes of preheating to achieve the best light source efficiency. Try not to switch on and off frequently during use, which will easily reduce the service life. In contrast, CCFL cold cathode tubes and LED lamps have higher resistance to ignition. If the space needs to be switched on and off frequently, it is recommended to use CCFL or LED bulbs.
The illumination methods of light sources in the space are ever-changing, which can be mainly divided into direct illumination and indirect illumination. It can also produce various functions and effects according to different refraction angles and methods.
- LED lights have the same energy-saving effect as energy-saving light bulbs. Can they be used as the main light source in the home?
The characteristics of point light sources are improved with time, but it is still recommended to use the actual experience and pay attention to budget considerations.
In the past, everyone thought that the LED light source is a point light source, which is directional, and the light source is concentrated. It does not have a wide range of lighting like a power-saving light bulb. Therefore, it is not suitable as the main light source in the home. Most of them are recommended for local spaces such as entrances and corridors. However, with the advancement of technology, there are more and more LED lights on the market that can replace traditional energy-saving light bulbs, and in addition to the bright white products that used to emphasize brightness, there are also yellow light options. Through the design of the light shell, the light performance has been improved. Pretty close to energy saving bulbs. However, although LED lights emphasize long life and better brightness performance, the current price is still not bad, which is also the reason why consumers are deterred.
- In addition to the selection of energy-saving light bulbs, can the switch configuration and design also achieve energy saving?
The design of energy-saving light source mainly lies in the use of pre-design and flexible control of switches, so that the light source can be used more unrestrictedly and only be used in the required place or time period.
In addition to the pursuit of convenience and comfort, modern life should pay attention to energy saving and environmental protection design. Therefore, lighting manufacturers are constantly innovating and developing more and more energy-saving light sources, but in addition to energy-saving light bulbs, starting from the initial light source design and light switch configuration can also achieve energy-saving purposes.
- Inductive lighting can avoid unnecessary waste of light sources: for example, the light sources of entrances, walks or garden balconies can be controlled by inductive lighting, which automatically turns on the lights when someone approaches, and automatically turns off the lights when no one is there, so as to generate unnecessary power consumption.
- Use dimming equipment to save electricity: I am worried that the lights are not bright enough when guests come, but when there is only one person at home, the lights are fully turned on and too bright. You may wish to use dimming equipment to control the light source. Dim the lights in the middle of the night to enhance the atmosphere and also improve the atmosphere. Save electricity bills.
- Multi-stage switch design: If you want to improve the flexibility of the use of the light source, the indirect light source can be designed as a two- or three-stage switch according to the brightness, so that the light can be turned on as needed, and the space can have different brightness and atmosphere performance.
- The lamps and lanterns and features used for full-circumferential light bulbs and non-circumferential light bulbs are marked on the outer box of the light bulb. What is the main indication?
It is related to the diffusion angle of the light source, and the appropriate bulb is selected according to the shape of the lamp, and the light source is not wasted.
In short, it is the diffusion angle of the light. The luminous angle of the whole circumference is relatively large, usually more than 300°, and the light is uniform without dead ends. It is suitable for standing lamps, table lamps and wall lamps. The light emitting angle is small and concentrated, which is suitable for down-lighting lamps such as chandeliers or recessed lamps, which reduces the waste of light sources and saves energy and electricity.
- How to judge the quality of lighting design?
When illuminating objects, pay attention to whether the lamp is dark at the 45° tangent, and the lamp itself will not have glare or excessive bright interference.
The school color played by lighting design is not the protagonist, it is always a supporting role.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!